• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cdh

cdh

Didn't Harvard do a food science MOOC?  I recall some eG people mentioning it a few years back. Was through one of of the MOOC clearinghouses that wasn't Coursera... EDX or something like that. Don't remember exactly.  But it was Harvard faculty doing sciency stuff centered on food.  Figuring who was behind that would be a good lead  to send an inquiry about what faculty have a academic/culinary bent... 

edited to add link to the old eG thread: 

another edit to add that I recalled someplace had a food/anthropology grad program... but it was NYU, not Harvard... NYC isn't exactly convenient to Boston for a daytrip unless you're well motivated and well funded. . 

cdh

cdh

Didn't Harvard do a food science MOOC?  I recall some eG people mentioning it a few years back. Was through one of of the MOOC clearinghouses that wasn't Coursera... EDX or something like that. Don't remember exactly.  But it was Harvard faculty doing sciency stuff centered on food.  Figuring who was behind that would be a good lead  to send an inquiry about what faculty have a academic/culinary bent... 

edited to add link to the old eG thread: 

cdh

cdh