• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi from Fred

Terrakion

Hello everyone!

My name is Fred and I live in Manchester with my girlfriend Emma.

I like everything that is connected with food. Emma says I cook delicious dishes, I do think so too.

I'm working as a dentist and I love my job. My clients are satisfied too.

We have a dog Milo, he is 6 y.o. He is our family member.

I'm here because I want to learn more cool recipes :)

• Like 2

I promise I will NOT sing that annoying song (though you may be too young to know what I am talking about).

What do you cook that makes you gf swoon?

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

2 hours ago, suzilightning said:

I promise I will NOT sing that annoying song (though you may be too young to know what I am talking about).

A Horse Is a Horse, Of Course, Of Course?  Oh, wait, Fred was the talking pig.  Carry on.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

39 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

A Horse Is a Horse, Of Course, Of Course?  Oh, wait, Fred was the talking pig.  Carry on.

39 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Jo,   come on....

Manchester, England, England.

we are NOT that different in age!!!!

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

15 minutes ago, suzilightning said:

Jo,   come on....

Past my time.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

4 hours ago, suzilightning said:

I didn't say that my dishes make her swoon 🙂 She likes when I cook for her. Yesterday was pork tenderloin with grilled tomato salsa for dinner. I'm sure she was pleased ☺️

2 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

A Horse Is a Horse, Of Course, Of Course?  Oh, wait, Fred was the talking pig.

I don't know what are you talking about and what should answer. Maybe nothing. Seems impolite a bit.

Hello, Fred, and welcome!* We have a lot of Anglophiles in this crowd; some of us in the USA have lived there, or traveled there. We also have a number of members who presently live in your fair isles.

I think I'd be pleased if my darling cooked pork tenderloin with grilled tomato salsa for dinner. :) That sort of thing falls to me. From him, it's burgers. But he appreciates my cooking and I his lack of dirty dishes, so it works out. Does Emma also cook, or do you get all the fun? Are you native to the Midlands, or did you move to Manchester from elsewhere?

Come on in and enjoy the fun. If you have questions about the forums - where to look, how to post, and so on - feel free to ask a host (I am one) by Personal Messenger, or else ask in the Moderation and Policy Discussion forum.

*(Don't mind the after-a-certain-age Yanks with their cultural references. I'm not quite sure how they arrived at the theme song from a 1960's TV show about a talking horse named Mr. Ed, but that's what they're on about. Nothing rude.)

• Haha 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

Does Emma also cook, or do you get all the fun?

She doesn't like cooking (somebody may add "unfortunately" but for me it's OK). I believe I'll change her thoughts about it someday.

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

Are you native to the Midlands, or did you move to Manchester from elsewhere?

My mother moved from the USA because she fell in love with my father and stayed in Manchester. I was born and still live here.

2 hours ago, Smithy said:

Don't mind the after-a-certain-age Yanks with their cultural references

Sometimes it is good when you don't understand something and don't worry about it🙂

• Like 3

18 hours ago, suzilightning said:

Jo,   come on....

And I'm a genius, genius...

• Haha 1

@Terrakion, I'm intrigued by the cover picture in your profile: those lovely droplets on the green surface. Is it a closeup of water droplets? What's the surface? The pattern and lighting are pretty.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown