• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocdoc Revelling in Rimini

Kerry Beal

@Franci, how much difference do you think it makes to use the traditional terracotta stone for that piadine, as opposed to the steel griddle in the commercial kitchen?

@Kerry Beal, I wish I could travel with you! Or at second best, travel the way you do. What style and delicious adventure! Thanks for bringing us along. :) 

• Like 4

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

OMG @Kerry Beal, even me, that are not a huge pizza fan...looks good! After the trip you’ll tell me, but what I keep saying is that no matter how fancy the restaurants in the US, the quality of the ingredients are hard to beat in Europe! 

• Like 6

not to be too rude at all :

the menu's are in English ?

possibly by Request ?

no matter

it's about the Food  Sur le(s) Plate 

I beg forgivenes 

I could not fine the SLP translation 

in Italian.

Sorry.

• Like 2

@Smithy, I am not sure I ever tried a piadina cooked in the original testo. I guess you really need to be a local to have had the pleasure and I don’t care enough for piadine to go and get one 😁 but I guess if you cook the piadina on the fireplace must taste better, right? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Franci said:

OMG @Kerry Beal, even me, that are not a huge pizza fan...looks good! After the trip you’ll tell me, but what I keep saying is that no matter how fancy the restaurants in the US, the quality of the ingredients are hard to beat in Europe! 

Yep. I am a pizza fan although I rarely eat it, but looking at that menu makes me think I could spend months simply learning to make pizzas and flatbreads with toppings. What beautiful-looking food!

• Like 6

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

@Kerry Beal, here is the list from my friend Graziella. Thank

you, Graziella (I linked her to this thread :)) I think you have some pastry shops as well. 

Around  the Tiberio’s  bridge: 
-Nud e Crud (luxury piadina, her definition) and this is the second recommendation I have for this place
-Strampalato,  a little out of the ordinary but very good
-La Marianna, fish 
-Pasticceria Vecchi

Area Colonnella:
-La Brasserie (pizza and more)
-Pasticceria Soriani

Zona Della Fiera (palacongressi):
-Bio’s Kitchen (cucina bio good)

Area Marina Centro:
-ristorante Sabbioni (fish and Pizza)

Centro Storico:
-Il Cortile in centro (very good pizza with original toppings) 
-Pasticceria Il Duomo

Edit to add:

Portolotto for fish around the Darsena area

Edited by Franci (log)
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

not to be too rude at all :

the menu's are in English ?

possibly by Request ?

no matter

it's about the Food  Sur le(s) Plate 

I beg forgivenes 

I could not fine the SLP translation 

in Italian.

Sorry.

They brought one English menu - a bit out of date. 

This is an entire community - restaurant, cured meat, cheese, animal husbandry, bakery - all in aid of rehab for individuals with drug addictions. They make leather goods and all sorts of fabulous products.

23869276-DF11-45FD-91CF-22E1804D0F8D.thumb.jpeg.85e85d61ec3be3077b1bef5af2e81a82.jpeg

Found this to take home to Kira.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Franci said:

So true!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Franci said:

@Kerry Beal, here is the list from my friend Graziella. Thank

you, Graziella (I linked her to this thread :)) I think you have some pastry shops as well. 

Around  the Tiberio’s  bridge: 
-Nud e Crud (luxury piadina, her definition) and this is the second recommendation I have for this place
-Strampalato,  a little out of the ordinary but very good
-La Marianna, fish 
-Pasticceria Vecchi

Area Colonnella:
-La Brasserie (pizza and more)
-Pasticceria Soriani

Zona Della Fiera (palacongressi):
-Bio’s Kitchen (cucina bio good)

Area Marina Centro:
-ristorante Sabbioni (fish and Pizza)

Centro Storico:
-Il Cortile in centro (very good pizza with original toppings) 
-Pasticceria Il Duomo

Edit to add:

Portolotto for fish around the Darsena area

Strampalato was one of the places we were heading today on the pier - but that location is closed this time of year. 

Pasticceria Vecchi is where we had the hot chocolate. 

We have reservations for one of the other places - just can't remember which one now.

Couple of them - she hadn't heard of before and was interested.

• Like 4

I'm starting to think a lottery win would come with the serious risk of me looking into immigration to Italy so I can eventually die smiling while I stuff one last bite of food down my gullet. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

56 minutes ago, rotuts said:

any chance of Pics around the exhibition hall ?

maybe next time get a Baby Blimp for the Booth ?

Give her a bit of time, and I bet one will appear hovering in the booth. 😉

I too hope for exhibition hall shots! And pictures of the EZTemper flying off the shelves!

Hey, maybe a miniblimp delivering them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

Hey, maybe a miniblimp delivering them?

By the end of the day she will be wishing she had a mini blimp on each foot doing a gentle massage and taking the weight off those dogs!

• Like 6

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

9 minutes ago, Anna N said:

By the end of the day she will be wishing she had a mini blimp on each foot doing a gentle massage and taking the weight off those dogs!

Oh so true!

• Like 2

So they came around this afternoon and brought us tickets for booze at the Dolce Vita Bar - 3 drinks per booth so 6 tickets.

@Alleguede and I were left behind so used 4 of the tickets. I asked for amaro thinking  I was getting  the cocktail but no - shots of amaro. I drank both then the cocktail!

CD7A7028-E238-4DF3-87CB-012557C6BD08.thumb.jpeg.8454e953693f9ed7fbb181a1b45ed04e.jpeg

5A45864A-8C3D-46C3-8A9C-5E553AB795F1.thumb.jpeg.bcc8363c76029d1d384fdd483ffe3123.jpeg

296F2ACD-6DFF-4593-8667-9C122742947F.thumb.jpeg.e3b3a06547098f5223fb53a264c465ad.jpeg3CA32C89-27B4-41E1-83B6-863831091E8C.thumb.jpeg.9111f900eec78e99be15ce27e6ab04c9.jpeg909A9F6A-E1E2-407D-AAA2-D6194632FE80.thumb.jpeg.56224f29ed1b8b3c845f957a2835ba74.jpeg

744E6037-E2C8-40F9-81E8-4195B5E3E225.thumb.jpeg.fad42301d9bc4fefa7f010df527fe8bb.jpeg

FC0178E1-A240-4707-B47F-E7BD4F885200.thumb.jpeg.4f00ac6f40e65df48a84de4f241079c7.jpeg

Do you know that you can have alcohol in the car in this country?

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry @Kerry Beal, I think you should stay longer. I keep getting more stuff for you to try 😁 this is from Alessandra, also from my Italian cooking forum, she is from Rimini as well. 

-Osteria de borg in  borgo San Giuliano x meat and homemade first dishes (I’m guessing pasta) 
-sol y mar, in  riccione for fish on the beach
- dalla Lella, Piadineria already mentioned. 
- da Guido, lungomare Rimini, 1 Michelin star and apparently chef Giampaolo Raschi a genius in the kitchen 
- le milton on the beach, lungomare Rimini center, very good fish and particular location  
-agriofficina, center, Close to the caste. Breakfast, brunch, dinner  with products they grow themselves. Andrea is really talented. 
-circus, in center , behind city hall, great breakfast, very good viennoiserie.  

Also if you have time in the castle there is the 100 years of Fellini exhibition. 

Edited by Franci (log)
  • Like 8