• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

tomishungry

tomishungry

I remember eating vegetarian food at a Buddhist temple at events such as (sadly) funerals. It was fantastic. There's plenty of discusion about the cuisine, but I can't find any cookbooks or even recipes online to recreate these dishes. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

p.s. I should point out that the "Buddhist" recipes that show up on an easy google search are, shall we say, of questionable authenticity. Hot chiles, garlic, cheese, meats and seafood shouldn't be at all involved in this type of food.

tomishungry

tomishungry

I remember eating vegetarian food at a Buddhist temple at events such as (sadly) funerals. It was fantastic. There's plenty of discusion about the cuisine, but I can't find any cookbooks or even recipes online to recreate these dishes. Can anyone point me in the right direction?