• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your egg journey

heidih

1 minute ago, ElsieD said:

An ostrich eggs equates to 24 chicken eggs.  

Ah...a lot more than several people!

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

9 hours ago, heidih said:

I've seen @liuzhou and @Anna N use them.

Duck eggs are my go to eggs. Usually, they are all I have (apart from crab or flying fish roe - that's eggs too!). By the way, the century eggs above are also duck.

I do have one goose egg right now which will probably become an omelette. One egg is just the right size. And I often have soft boiled quail eggs in noodle soups or Scotch eggs. Chicken's eggs are a rare buy for me.

Edited by liuzhou (log)

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

17 hours ago, Smithy said:

Ah...a lot more than several people!

I think I could handle one! LOL :laugh:

• Haha 1

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!