• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

I skipped lunch yesterday and was starving by evening and of course nothing appealed. Toasted some no-knead, dished up some quick-pickled beets, and made a very simple egg salad. Just not too hard boiled eggs roughly chopped and mixed with paprika, S & P, Dijon, and mayo. Total comfort. I never had egg salad until last  year of college when a Texan made it for a quick lunch. She did not cook much but this she could handle (and well). As I recall she used dry mustard but I was out. 

Oh we did get scrambled egg sandwiches - just and egg - no dressing) for school lunches. Bit smelly by noon. Melissa Clark tells the story of trying to achieve a   signature lunch sandwich like Harriet the Spy's tomato one. She chose egg salad. The day there was no frozen juice can in her bag - you can imagine. Haz-Mat needed for her locker.

heidih

heidih

I skipped lunch yesterday and was starving by evening and of course nothing appealed. Toasted some no-knead, dished up some quick-pickled beets, and made a very simple egg salad. Just not too hard boiled eggs roughly chopped and mixed with paprika, S & P, Dijon, and mayo. Total comfort. I never had egg salad until last  year of college when a Texan made it for a quick lunch. She did not cook much but this she could handle (and well). As I recall she used dry mustard but I was out.