• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Sort of like the canned bacon my English hostess served on my first visit to Great Britain.  Only by then I was polite enough to partially suppress the gag reflex.  @liuzhou has assured me British bacon is not like this.  I do not believe him.

Believe whatever you like.

The fact is that in almost 70 years of being British, I have never eaten canned bacon; nor do I recall ever seeing it.

However a little research does indicate that what little canned bacon is sold in UK, is and has been imported. From the USA!

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Sort of like the canned bacon my English hostess served on my first visit to Great Britain.  Only by then I was polite enough to partially suppress the gag reflex.  @liuzhou has assured me British bacon is not like this.  I do not believe him.

Believe whatever you like. In almost 70 years of being British, I have never eaten canned bacon; nor do I recall seeing it. However a little research does indicate that what little canned bacon is sold in UK, is and has been imported. From the USA!