• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2020

JoNorvelleWalker

3 minutes ago, heidih said:

I think she needs to open a cat lover's boutique B & B

This can be problematic.   We stayed at a chambre d'hote in Brittany where there was a resident "cat in charge".     At dinner, with a French couple, the cat chose my lap and settled in to shmooze during the meal.    The French guest was quite huffy that she wasn't chosen and kept chatting up the cat until it finally decided to check her out.    Cat competition, who knew?

• Haha 7

eGullet member #80.

I was expecting to have fish for dinner last night, but my fish share delivery was cancelled because the fishing crew was sick.  Supposedly it is now coming tomorrow (fingers crossed).  So, dinner was mostly pulled out of the pantry: paneer butter masala, maharajah rice and some freshly baked naan.

183949039_paneerbuttermasala.thumb.jpg.7a03962eb4f46dbfe48c5120de1515bd.jpg

• Like 11
  • Delicious 2

Ckxn Stir fry--  Short grain rice ( Pressure cooked 1/1 w T of butter 8 mins/ 5 min release coll over night )

Cook Zucchini/ fresno pepper/carrot/garlic/ cilantro--chxn stock/mirin/ ricewine /teriaki --add chili paste

49557479078_38d989bb88_b.jpg

• Like 10
  • Delicious 3

Its good to have Morels

1 hour ago, robirdstx said:

E038D85F-7834-4B7F-B0A9-22C83D2425E5.thumb.jpeg.a344870a88d8c291c805446e95a85701.jpeg

Potato Soup with Bacon and Green Onion

I am not normally a big fan of potato soup, but that looks wonderful to me tonight!

Breakfast for dinner tonight - mini quiches & Benton's bacon:

DSCN0657.JPG.47af417e5c32abb08d845dfa5bbd7be2.JPG

@Captain's Pikelets:

DSCN0658.JPG.3aa9ff09cd62d2d4184fcdc4ce733161.JPG

We loved these, @Captain!  Thanks so much for the recipe!

• Like 9
  • Delicious 4

Made my fishing dream come true! The partner and I caught 3 big yellowtail in Loreto. Each weighs about 10kg.

89VEeWN.jpg

Took half of one fish to a restaurant nearby and got it cooked. We shared the meal with the guest house owners. The four of us couldn't even finish it all, it was really a lot.

j62yrUW.jpg

7LuPJ8J.jpg

A day without clams is a sad day

eVXlxIy.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Delicious 4

45 minutes ago, BonVivant said:

Made my fishing dream come true! The partner and I caught 3 big yellowtail in Loreto. Each weighs about 10kg.

Took half of one fish to a restaurant nearby and got it cooked. We shared the meal with the guest house owners. The four of us couldn't even finish it all, it was really a lot.

Do not miss the ex but do miss the fish from the corporate Mexico fishing trips. Thanks for the lovely images.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Fried artichokes with a yogurt-mayo dip ...

Oh wow. So you fried the stem also? I guess they were young ones. So so hungry jealous now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, heidih said:

Oh wow. So you fried the stem also? I guess they were young ones. So so hungry jealous now.

Yup, I did fry them ... but that doesn’t mean I ate them 😉

I peeled them like asparagus and except for one they were too tough and stringy. The stems, that is. Rest was great !

Edited by Duvel (log)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

A friend mentioned baked ham and scalloped potatoes, so I had to make that our supper as well.

The potato dish was called Prairie Scalloped Potatoes, and I don't know why! Didn't have Dijon mustard so I used the whole grain variety.  Beets were expensive! 3 beets for $3.98, but hubby likes them so good for a change.

The ham was a "shank". Having trimmed off the fat, it made the ham drier than I like. Thank goodness for the pineapple!

2096733555_BakedHamTatersBeets0737.jpg.984cec10d5dd3937c5870581f80df93f.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Delicious 1

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

My birding buddy and I are in the Port Aransas area for the annual Whooping Crane Festival and had dinner at Redfish Willie’s in Aransas Pass last night.

654183F5-3FEA-485C-9622-1DE8683E1A0F.thumb.jpeg.14fd1b2526db7f5f4e40ce1562999862.jpeg

Calamari and Jalapeños with Marinara Saucee

EDFC899D-90E8-44C2-86C2-51911953EC59.thumb.jpeg.042183bf738ec30d1ba422053d40c491.jpeg

Captain’s Seafood Platter with Redfish, Shrimp, Oysters, Hush Puppies and Fries

Edited by robirdstx (log)
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

On 2/18/2020 at 11:29 PM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Pizza02192020.png

Pizza tonight.  Mushroom pizza.  Perhaps my finest pizza to date, due largely to the exceptional dough left over from last night's bread.  This was not a 90 second pizza.  I let it go two minutes to get the mushrooms fully cooked and slightly charred.  Notice none ended up on the oven floor.  Basil from the dining room.

Good as it was I could only eat half before the Duvel ran out.  Sometimes life is hard.

@JoNorvelleWalker,  It is all about the crust for me and your pizza looks perfect. 

• Thanks 1