• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dtremit

dtremit

IMG_3584.jpg.82795d1a3b25c5f662a79aa7fa3176e4.jpg

Today's dinner — a riff on this easy BA recipe for socca with chickpea and fennel, since I had cooked RG chickpeas that needed to be used.

Didn't have kale, which led me to take greater liberties — swapped it out for a bit of escarole and browned onion in the chickpea salad, and couldn't resist throwing in some smoked paprika. I had some romanesco that I'd kind of neglected, so I salvaged what I had and roasted it fairly dark. Served the two together with the sauce on top. Garnished with sesame seeds and a sprinkling of urfa.

Terrible photo, I know, but at least I actually remembered to take one!

dtremit

dtremit

IMG_3584.jpg.82795d1a3b25c5f662a79aa7fa3176e4.jpg

Today's dinner — a riff on this easy BA recipe for socca with chickpea and fennel.

Didn't have kale, which led me to take greater liberties — swapped it out for a bit of escarole and browned onion in the chickpea salad, and couldn't resist throwing in some smoked paprika. I had some romanesco that I'd kind of neglected, so I salvaged what I had and roasted it fairly dark. Served the two together with the sauce on top. Garnished with sesame seeds and a sprinkling of urfa.

Terrible photo, I know, but at least I actually remembered to take one!