• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

16 minutes ago, heidih said:

Wow! So in your part of the world you can buy the goose legs separately? The combo of the goose, cabbage, knoedel and preserves is total celebratory comfort food. I can only get whole ones frozen. Duck parts are available in Chinese market.  (ordering on-line different story) 

Yes, easily ...

Especially in the weeks leading to Christmas. These specific legs were purchased fresh, at a reasonable price of about 25 €/kg. Goose breasts are available as well, but I find the legs so much more rewarding ...

7B2995BE-A9F2-4BAA-A10F-481D648D5166.jpeg.ffe7a5cc15bab27364a5fde96ce455b9.jpeg

Duvel

Duvel

12 minutes ago, heidih said:

Wow! So in your part of the world you can buy the goose legs separately? The combo of the goose, cabbage, knoedel and preserves is total celebratory comfort food. I can only get whole ones frozen. Duck parts are available in Chinese market.  (ordering on-line different story) 

Yes, easily ...

Especially in the week leading to Christmas. These specific legs were purchased fresh, at a reasonable price of about 25 €/kg. Goose breasts are available as well, but I find the legs so much more rewarding ...

Duvel

Duvel

9 minutes ago, heidih said:

Yes, easily ...

Especially in the week leading to Christmas. These specific legs were purchased fresh, at an reasonable price of about 25 €/kg. Goode breasts are available as well, but I find the legs so much more rewarding ...