• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

KennethT

KennethT

21 minutes ago, heidih said:

Thanks @KennethT. I was curious bout Liuzhou's as he seems to have it alongside like rice. I am not a big sauce person.

My typical sauce for orzo was garlic simmered in olive oil with a splash of white wine, and some of the pasta cooking water.. not very saucy, but it kept the orzo from sticking together into a giant block. The texture was more like a risotto than a pasta with sauce

KennethT

KennethT

19 minutes ago, heidih said:

Thanks @KennethT. I was curious bout Liuzhou's as he seems to have it alongside like rice. I am not a big sauce person.

My typical sauce for orzo was garlic simmered in olive oil with a splash of white wine, and some of the pasta cooking water.. not very saucy, but it kept the orzo from sticking together into a giant block.