• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

16 minutes ago, CantCookStillTry said:

I will bite. Can you explain? I'm intrigued and a little scared by this. My brief google said it was inspired by the classic pairing of a piece of cheddar on a slice of apple pie - this is a new classic pairing for me. Is it a Canadian Tradition? Local? Looks delicious in any case! 

Not Canadian. Cheese and apple generally is a classic pairing. It dates back to Chaucer's time (died 1400) My very Scottish father (died 2008) ate apple pie with cheese all the time, so I did too. (Not dead yet.) It is believed that pie and cheese originated in Yorkshire, England and is often referred to as Yorkshire Pie.

liuzhou

liuzhou

8 minutes ago, CantCookStillTry said:

I will bite. Can you explain? I'm intrigued and a little scared by this. My brief google said it was inspired by the classic pairing of a piece of cheddar on a slice of apple pie - this is a new classic pairing for me. Is it a Canadian Tradition? Local? Looks delicious in any case! 

Not Canadian. Cheese and apple generally is a classic pairing. It dates back to Chaucer's time (died 1400) My very Scottish father (died 2008) ate apple pie with cheese all the time, so I did too. (Not dead yet.)