• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

Dandanmian.

Alkaline noodles. Merged the sauce and topping. Mushrooms, tempeh, douchi (black fermented beans) and zhacai (mustard root pickle) make the base, along with mild chilies, toasted peppercorn, garlic, a bit of ginger. Sesame paste, homemade chili oil, black rice vinegar, a bit of sugar, and MSG.

For my serving I opted for a far more generous amount of spring onions. I'd go for some blanched spinach or other greens, but didn't had any.

PXL_20201009_184946098.jpg

PXL_20201009_185357843.jpg

shain

shain

Dandanmian.

Alkaline noodles. Merged the sauce and topping. Mushrooms, tempeh, douchi (black fermented beans) and zhacai (mustard root pickle) make the base, along with mild chilies, toasted peppercorn, garlic, a bit of ginger. Sesame paste, chili oil, rice vinegar, a bit of sugar, and MSG.

For my serving I opted for a far more generous amount of spring onions. I'd go for some blanched spinach or other greens, but didn't had any.

PXL_20201009_184946098.jpg

PXL_20201009_185357843.jpg