• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dcarch

dcarch

7 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

@dcarch – how long did you SV the lobster tails, ‘cause they aren’t too expensive right now. 

Not sure what I had done can be useful for you.

I had steak SV'ing at 129F, I put the frozen lobster tails in the same bath for about 30 minutes. Then I took the steak out and add boiling water to the bath to raise the bath temperature to 135F instantly. 20 minutes later, I put ice cubes in the bath to instantly lower the temperature back to 129F. put the staek back in, SV for 15 minutes. Then both the lobsters and steak are ready for searing and serving at the same time.

dcarch

dcarch

dcarch

6 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

@dcarch – how long did you SV the lobster tails, ‘cause they aren’t too expensive right now. 

Not sure what I had done can be useful for you.

I had steak SV'ing at 129F, I put the frozen lobster tails in the same bath for about 30 minutes. Then I took the steak out and add boiling water to the bath to raise the bath temperature to 135F instantly. 20 minutes later, I put ice cubes in the bath to instantly lower the temperature back to 129F for 15 minutes. Then both the lobsters and steak are ready for searing and serving at the same time.

dcarch