• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I got nostalgic when I decided to cook a small brisket in the crock pot for dinner.  I don't remember the last time I made brisket in the slow cooker but I remember mom putting one  in a heavy lidded skillet on the back of the stove on Sunday morning before church and by dinner we had one of my favorite meals. That was before crock pots and television.  I also remember when I started to learn how to cook on my own and discovering that you can't cook a brisket in the oven like a rib roast. Mom, dad, my sister, and I lived in a red brick apartment on Strawberry Hill in KCK, pictured below in more recent times.  It had a candlestick phone and the oven was an enameled cast iron Magic Chef. Tonight, we has some cheese scones with the brisket but those pictures turned out blurry. 

538-tenny-ave-kansas-city-ks-primary-photo.jpeg

20201016_171252.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I got nostalgic when I decided to cook a small brisket in the crock pot for dinner.  I don't remember the last time I made brisket in the slow cooker but I remember mom putting one  in a heavy lidded skillet on the back of the stove on Sunday morning before church and by dinner we had one of my favorite meals. That was before crock pots and television.  I also remember when I started to learn how to cook on my own and discovering that you can't cook a brisket in the oven like a rib roast. Mom, dad, my sister, and I lived in a red brick apartment on Strawberry Hill in KCK, pictured below in recent times.  It had a candlestick phone and the oven was an enameled cast iron Magic Chef. Tonight, we has some cheese scones with the brisket but those pictures turned out blurry. 

20201016_171252.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I got nostalgic when I decided to cook a small brisket in the crock pot for dinner.  I don't remember the last time I made brisket in the slow cooker but I remember mom putting one  in a heavy lidded skillet on the back of the stove on Sunday morning before church and by dinner we had one of my favorite meals.  I also remember when I started to learn how to cook on my own and discovering that you can't cook a brisket in the oven like a rib roast. Mom, dad, my sister, and I lived in a red brick apartment on Strawberry Hill in KCK, pictured below in recent times.  It had a candlestick phone and the oven was an enameled cast iron Magic Chef. Tonight, we has some cheese scones with the brisket but those pictures turned out blurry. 

20201016_171252.jpg