• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Raamo

Raamo

P.S.

We had some potatoes that needed to be used... so I got a Wagyu sirloin steak, it was ~350g, so I cut it in half and had it over 2 days.

Cooked sous vide at 130F, then seared in hot peanut oil, potatoes done in the steam oven and smashed with butter and sour cream.

I now get why salt with high end steaks is so popular, the larger grains of the peruvian pink with each piece of the wagyu was really good.

Not pictured, a glass of Syrah from Whitehall Lanes worked nice with this meat and potatoes dish.

20200928_174955.thumb.jpg.762a604814e532ce7264445b2759786d.jpg

P.S. I miss my cat pictured in my avatar... she would have eaten the extra fatty/grizzly parts of the steak I didn't.  Our remaining cat (who is 20 years old) won't without throwing it right now.

Raamo

Raamo

We had some potatoes that needed to be used... so I got a Wagyu sirloin steak, it was ~350g, so I cut it in half and had it over 2 days.

Cooked sous vide at 130F, then seared in hot peanut oil, potatoes done in the steam oven and smashed with butter and sour cream.

I now get why salt with high end steaks is so popular, the larger grains of the peruvian pink with each piece of the wagyu was really good.

Not pictured, a glass of Syrah from Whitehall Lanes worked nice with this meat and potatoes dish.

20200928_174955.thumb.jpg.762a604814e532ce7264445b2759786d.jpg