• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

1 hour ago, Kim Shook said:

No need for me to suppress laughter about Krab.  I was taught to use it proudly by Doddie, otherwise known as @Domestic Goddess.  She was a Filipina, married to an American living in South Korea.  She gave me a recipe for a Krab and ham salad that I've been using for over 10 years.  She said that it was very popular in Asia and thought it was funny that Americans and Europeans disdained it.  

Oh yes it is in every Asian restaurant not as a sub but as its own thang. @Domestic Goddess provided great insight into day to day Korean food.  My Yokohama, Japan born friend and neighbor did a very similar one for neighborhood get togethers. 

heidih

heidih

1 hour ago, Kim Shook said:

No need for me to suppress laughter about Krab.  I was taught to use it proudly by Doddie, otherwise known as @Domestic Goddess.  She was a Filipina, married to an American living in South Korea.  She gave me a recipe for a Krab and ham salad that I've been using for over 10 years.  She said that it was very popular in Asia and thought it was funny that Americans and Europeans disdained it.  

Oh yes it is in every Asian restaurant not as a sub but as its own thang. @Domestic Goddess provided great insight into day to day Korean food.