• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

Hola!

So glad you got clams @Kim Shook 😋

Yesterday it was duck confit with carrots and broccoli stalks, mushrooms, rice and salad. 

And today I cooked hanger steak for the others, oh well, I had some too, and salad, plus bruschetta.  A couple days ago, someone I know on FB was mentioning parmigiana and I was craving it so much, that I had to make it today. I don’t know if American youngsters have a food they crave when out in the middle of the night. For me, growing up, 2 options. Either go home and make spaghetti with aglio e olio or carbonara. But this is more when you are a poor university student living away from home...but when in the South and going back to parent’s house, everybody’s dream is the leftover parmigiana. Oh, well, if it’s almost morning you go and knock on “pastry labs” and beg to sell you a cornetto with cream or a “bombolone”.

My roomates here don’t know what there are missing but I don’t care because, it’s all mine 😁😁😙😙

C60FBD5F-FD77-4276-A205-642BB17DEBA0.jpeg

E8A69CCE-AA48-46D4-8DF2-49617A857629.jpeg

Franci

Franci

Hola!

So glad you got clams @Kim Shook 😋

Yesterday it was duck confit with carrots and broccoli stalks, mushrooms, rice and salad. 

And today I cooked hanger steak for the others, oh well, I had some too, and salad, plus bruschetta.  A couple days ago, someone I know on FB was mentioning parmigiana and I was craving it so much, that I had to make it today. I don’t know if American youngsters have a food they crave when out in the middle of the night. For me, growing up, 2 options. Either go home and make spaghetti with aglio e olio or carbonara. But this is more when you are a poor university student living away from home...but when in the South and going back to parent’s house, everybody’s dream is the leftover parmigiana. Oh, well, if it’s almost morning you do and knock on “pastry labs” and beg to see you a cornetto with cream or a “bombolone”.

My roomates here don’t know what there are missing but I don’t care because, it’s all mine 😁😁😙😙

C60FBD5F-FD77-4276-A205-642BB17DEBA0.jpeg

E8A69CCE-AA48-46D4-8DF2-49617A857629.jpeg