• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

10 hours ago, heidih said:

Was it mushy or just boring?

It tasted fishy in a bad way for me...not as a whole fresh branzino, wild if possible. In all honesty, not all farm raised fish is created equal. In France too, you have different prices depending where the farm is located. The Greek and Turkish farm raised fishes are the notorious cheap one. 

I love spiny lobster. Like I love langoutines (that in Italian are called scampi, nothing to do with American scampi) but I dislike lobster and shrimps, love crabs. Ah, ah, so weird I am. 

Anyway, as predicted we went to the fishmonger, I will show you what we got in the other thread. 

I am thinking this will become a weekly tradition...not complaining because, I love it! I need to look for some good bottarga to elevate it even more. 

097C8A31-934D-4609-99D2-BFB3C69F811D.jpeg

Franci

Franci

It tasted fishy in a bad way for me...not as a whole fresh branzino, wild if possible. In all honesty, not all farm raised fish is created equal. In France too, you have different prices depending where the farm is located. The Greek and Turks farm raised fishes are the notorious cheap one. 

I love spiny lobster. Like I love langoutines (that in Italian are called scampi, nothing to do with American scampi) but I dislike lobster and shrimps, love crabs. Ah, ah, so weird I am. 

Anyway, as predicted we went to the fishmonger, I will show you what we got in the other thread. 

I am thinking this will become a weekly tradition...not complaining because, I love it! I need to look for some good bottarga to elevate it even more. 

Franci

Franci

It tasted fishy in a bad way for me...not the whole fresh branzino, wild if possible. In all honesty, not all farm raised fish is created equal. In France too, you have different prices depending where the farm is located. The Greek and Turks farm raised fishes are the notorious cheap one.