• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

14 hours ago, ambra said:

@Franci, can you say how you did the pork? It looks amazing and is something I miss!

Good to see you again @ambra :)

The pork is Andrea Nguyen recipe for char siu pork, you can definitely find it on google. I add only a teaspoon extra of salt to the marinade.  I get a nice fatty piece of pork than I can cut in regular size. I cut about 4-6 long strips  from a 1kg -1.2kg pork roast. Bake 15 minutes on one side at 375F, I flip, do 10-15 minutes more  and then I broil on medium brushing some reserved marinade (my oven can broil convection or static. I do static because, with the sugar and honey burns easily) also I keep a certain distance, like middle oven, I broil 6 minutes, turn broil more until it’s all even. If you cannot find the recipe let me know. 

Yesterday dinner, super lazy. My husband came home with a full smoked salmon, this is Ducktrap River Salmon, I like it, very mellow easy to like salmon. With salad, french green beans and homemade crusty bread. 

11AD76D9-82CF-49D2-BDBA-28582EE0692A.jpeg

B7A7D2B1-8F63-44A3-90A4-F8DAA058913C.jpeg

Franci

Franci

14 hours ago, ambra said:

@Franci, can you say how you did the pork? It looks amazing and is something I miss!

Good to see you again @Ambra :)

The pork is Andrea Nguyen recipe for char siu pork, you can definitely find it on google. I add only a teaspoon extra of salt to the marinade.  I get a nice fatty piece of pork than I can cut in regular size. I cut about 4-6 long strips  from a 1kg -1.2kg pork roast. Bake 15 minutes on one side at 375F, I flip, do 10-15 minutes more  and then I broil on medium brushing some reserved marinade (my oven can broil convection or static. I do static because, with the sugar and honey burns easily) also I keep a certain distance, like middle oven, I broil 6 minutes, turn broil more until it’s all even. If you cannot find the recipe let me know. 

Yesterday dinner, super lazy. My husband came home with a full smoked salmon, this is Ducktrap River Salmon, I like it, very mellow easy to like salmon. With salad, french green beans and homemade crusty bread. 

11AD76D9-82CF-49D2-BDBA-28582EE0692A.jpeg

B7A7D2B1-8F63-44A3-90A4-F8DAA058913C.jpeg