• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

11 hours ago, Smithy said:

Thanks to someone or several someones on this topic (or was it the lunch topic?) I got the idea to roast down some gorgeous summer tomatoes and onions, along with a couple of eggplants. Maybe I'd even get energetic and toss them with fresh pasta.

I think it was @shain  That is who planted it in my head. I tossed it with cellentani pasta shape. I don't cook for dad and wife as we have sharply different tastes and mealtimes BUT I shared it with stepmother who is not eggplant conversant. She said it was the first time she really enjoyed it. 

heidih

heidih

11 hours ago, Smithy said:

Thanks to someone or several someones on this topic (or was it the lunch topic?) I got the idea to roast down some gorgeous summer tomatoes and onions, along with a couple of eggplants. Maybe I'd even get energetic and toss them with fresh pasta.

I think it was @shain  That is who planted it in my head. I tossed it with Cellentani pasta shape. I don't cook for dad and wife as we have sharply different tastes and mealtimes BUT I shared it with stepmother who is not eggplant conversant. She said it was the first time she really enjoyed it.