• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

So, the tasting notes are lemon, garlic, olive oil, cashew, salt and a bright grass.  I also added a bit of fresh Thai basil, but tiny.  I wouldn’t say it’s a main attractions.  But especially when tossed with those hot salty creamy potatoes, it cooks a bit and then the cashews adds that mouthfeel and rounds it all out.  It’s more just like, why not.  Even if you make your regular pesto and use it as filler, why toss it.  It’s edible and free. But it’s bright and Grassy.  I juiced some with whole lemon, lime, ginger and jalapeño.  

I made a pizza dough, I’m thinking of like a Harrisa base and then those roasted tomatoes in maybe a Stromboli or something.   Cashews ricotta or tahini 

BKEats

BKEats

So, the tasting notes are lemon, garlic, olive oil, cashew, salt and a bright grass.  I also added a bit of fresh Thai basil, but tiny.  I wouldn’t say it’s a main attractions.  But especially when tossed with those hot salty creamy potatoes, it cooks a bit and then the cashews adds that mouthfeel and rounds it all out.  It’s more just like, why not.  Even if you make your regular pesto and use it as filler, why toss it.  It’s edible and free. But it’s bright and Grassy.  I juiced some with whole lemon, lime, ginger and jalapeño.  

I made a pizza dough, I’m thinking of like a Harrisa base and then those roasted tomatoes in maybe a Stromboli or something.