• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

robirdstx

robirdstx

39 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

@robirdstx – re: your fajita steak – what is your marinade like and how hot do you think your grill is?  I want something that looks like THAT!!!

Thank you! Hubby preheated the grates over our gas grill’s ceramic searing unit at full blast for about 10 minutes, then he stayed with the steak, turning it every minute or so until he got the marks he wanted.

Marinade was a mix of olive oil, lime juice, ground cumin, granulated garlic powder, salt and black pepper, then a splash of pickled jalapeño juice.

robirdstx

robirdstx

35 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

@robirdstx – re: your fajita steak – what is your marinade like and how hot do you think your grill is?  I want something that looks like THAT!!!

Thank you! Hubby preheated the grates over our gas grill’s ceramic searing unit at full blast for about 10 minutes, then he stayed with the steak, turning it every minute or so until he got the marks he wanted.

Marinade was a mix of olive oil, lime juice, ground cumin, granulated garlic, salt and black pepper, then a splash of pickled jalapeño juice.

robirdstx

robirdstx

29 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

robirdstx

robirdstx

25 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

Thank you! Hubby preheated the grates over our gas grill’s ceramic searing unit at full blast for about 10 minutes, then he stayed with the steak, turning it every minute or so until he got marks he wanted.

robirdstx

robirdstx

24 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

Thank you! Hubby preheated our gas grill’s ceramic searing unit at full blast for about 10 minutes, then he stayed with the steak, turning it every minute or so until he got marks he wanted.

robirdstx

robirdstx

20 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

Thank you! Hubby preheated our grill’s ceramic searing unit at full blast for about 10 minutes, then he stayed with the steak, turning it every minute or so until he got marks he wanted.