• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Nicolai

Nicolai

11 hours ago, BKEats said:

i came home last night around midnight and what does one do at midnight?  why, they embark on a mission to make  chana masala... I having just made a large pot of bean the day before and having recently received the mango powder in the mail, i just had to do it.  Some where along the way, i felt the need to tweek the dish.  So, i added peanut butter.  Peanut butter you say?  Why yes, peanut butter.  I figured it would be like India meets Thai meets, high guy in brooklyn.  

To tell you the truth, it's actually pretty good... Locally foraged cilantro.    

image.png.17c8fac9c0baa5e5d61102dae0e228d2.png

While chickpeas and Theeheh go very well together, the other marriage is chickpeas and pine nuts where you golden fry the pine nus in olive oil or ghee and serve on top of hummos.

I guess peanut butter would make a tasty alternative.

Nicolai

Nicolai

11 hours ago, BKEats said:

i came home last night around midnight and what does one do at midnight?  why, they embark on a mission to make  chana masala... I having just made a large pot of bean the day before and having recently received the mango powder in the mail, i just had to do it.  Some where along the way, i felt the need to tweek the dish.  So, i added peanut butter.  Peanut butter you say?  Why yes, peanut butter.  I figured it would be like India meets Thai meets, high guy in brooklyn.  

To tell you the truth, it's actually pretty good... Locally foraged cilantro.    

image.png.17c8fac9c0baa5e5d61102dae0e228d2.png

While chickpeas and Theeheh go very well together, the other marriage is chickpeas and pine nuts where you fry golden the pine nits in olive oil or ghee and serve on top of hummos.

I guess peanut butter would make a tasty alternative.