• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

7 hours ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Very interesting!    I always remove the pistol as I was taught it was bitter.    Maybe I should taste one and decide for myself.   Thanks for this.

I remove it, I  don’t like the taste of it. When I had the luck to have my own flowers, I’d remove it when the flowers just opened. 

Did not post the last dinners, really boring guys, zero creativity or wanting to cook btw. Tonight super simple too, vegetables roasted in the oven, tomato salad, I cooked some of the giant beans that I bought at the Spanish store, the only beans I really eat (some leftover for the next few days to add to salad) and a hanger steak on the cast iron grill. Some home bread and that was it. 

104C0E9E-62C6-44E1-8D00-58B0C8361466.jpeg

Franci

Franci

7 hours ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Very interesting!    I always remove the pistol as I was taught it was bitter.    Maybe I should taste one and decide for myself.   Thanks for this.

I remove it, I  don’t like the taste of it. When I had the luck to have my own flowers, I’ll remove it when the flowers just opened. 

Did not post the last dinners, really boring guys, zero creativity or wanting to cook btw. Tonight super simple too, vegetables roasted in the oven, tomato salad, I cooked some of the giant beans that I bought at the Spanish store, the only beans I really eat (some leftover for the next few days to add to salad) and a hanger steak on the cast iron grill. Some home bread and that was it. 

104C0E9E-62C6-44E1-8D00-58B0C8361466.jpeg