• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

1 hour ago, TicTac said:

I get the lack of appeal of that alien looking centerpiece, but trust me, it tastes just as good as the rest of the flower!

Oddly enough one of my plants just started drooping all of its leaves in the last couple of days, no signs of disease or rot, just is not willing to perk back up or produce much of anything (a couple male flowers per day)...not really quite sure what to do.  My farmer told me they most likely have no more energy left and to water less on the plant and circle some compost around the base, water around that.

Bit of a finicky plant, this zucchini is!

Wow never seen a finicky one. Over hybridized variety?  With your farmer on ground water only. Lusty pests really. I wish you well. 

heidih

heidih

1 hour ago, TicTac said:

I get the lack of appeal of that alien looking centerpiece, but trust me, it tastes just as good as the rest of the flower!

Oddly enough one of my plants just started drooping all of its leaves in the last couple of days, no signs of disease or rot, just is not willing to perk back up or produce much of anything (a couple male flowers per day)...not really quite sure what to do.  My farmer told me they most likely have no more energy left and to water less on the plant and circle some compost around the base, water around that.

Bit of a finicky plant, this zucchini is!

Wow never seen a finicky one. Over hybridized variety?  Lusty pests really. I wish you well.