• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Nicolai

Nicolai

I found my freedom on Blueberry Hill when I found you................actually in a bowl of Hainanese Chicken Rice on Singapore Hill.

First place I had Hainanese Chicken Rice was in Singapore and got addicted immediately until I went to Malaysia and started tearing up.....

This one I enjoyed lovingly. The Chicken sliced over the rice and the Chicken broth on the side to be enjoyed as such or poured over the chicken.

To complicated the taste buds, four sauces were served which now gives a mind scratching number of combinations and permutations.

Chicken and rice mixed with chicken broth and ginger sauce and sweet soya sauce and tamarind sauce and sambal sauce....

gPwqdom.jpg

and of course Dessert to reach Umami Nirvana in the guise of Sticky Coconut Rice Mango and Pandan Crepe with Coconut Ice Cream

3iRUcJJ.jpg

rvVx0X1.jpg

Nicolai

Nicolai

I found my freedom on Blueberry Hill when I found you................actually in a bowl of Hainanese Chicken Rice on Singapore Hill.

First place I had Hainanese Chicken Rice was in Singapore and got addicted immediately until I went to Malaysia and started tearing up.....

This one I enjoyed lovingly. The Chicken sliced over the rice and the Chicken broth on the side to be enjoyed as such or poured over the chicken.

To complicated the taste buds, four sauces were served which now gives a mind scratching number of combinations and permutations.

Chicken and rice mixed with chicken broth and sweet soya sauce and tamarind sauce and sambal sauce or ginger sauce....

gPwqdom.jpg

and of course Dessert to reach Umami Nirvana in the guise of Sticky Coconut Rice Mango and Pandan Crepe with Coconut Ice Cream

3iRUcJJ.jpg

rvVx0X1.jpg

Nicolai

Nicolai

Chicken and rice mixed with chicken broth and sweet soya sauce and tamarind sauce and sambal sauce or ginger sauce....

gPwqdom.jpg

3iRUcJJ.jpg

rvVx0X1.jpg

Nicolai

Nicolai

gPwqdom.jpg

3iRUcJJ.jpg

rvVx0X1.jpg

Nicolai

Nicolai

lBs4sfR.jpg

3iRUcJJ.jpg

rvVx0X1.jpg

Nicolai

Nicolai

I found my freedom on Blueberry Hill when I found you................actually in a bowl of Hainanese Chicken Rice

lBs4sfR.jpg

3iRUcJJ.jpg

rvVx0X1.jpg