• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Yesterday was my birthday and I was planning to make a small beef tenderloin roast with a wine sauce and an apple cake.  I found out at the store that that roast cost $28.00/lb and changed my mind. I got a couple of ribeye steaks instead. I already bought the wine so made the sauce anyway but I didn't like it and threw it out.  Right about then Charlie asked me what I wanted to have for dinner and I asked if our favorite Korean restaurant had reopened yet. He said it was open for pick-up orders so i said that was what I wanted and it was a very nice dinner. The apple cake was dessert.  No pictures were taken.   The steaks got grilled today.

20200716_165759.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Yesterday was my birthday and I was planning to make a small beef tenderloin roast with a wine sauce and an apple cake.  I found out at the store that that roast cost $28.00/lb and changed my mind. I got a couple of ribeye steaks instead. I already bought the wine so made the sauce anyway but I didn't like it and threw it out.  Right about then Charlie asked me what I wanted to have for dinner and I asked if our favorite Koran restaurant had reopened yet. He said it was open for pick-up orders so i said that was what I wanted and it was a very nice dinner. The apple cake was dessert.  No pictures were taken.   The steaks got grilled today.

20200716_165759.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Yesterday was my birthday and I was planning to make a small beef tenderloin roast with a wine sauce and an apple cake.  I found out at the store that that roast cost $28.00/lb and changed my mind. I got a couple of ribeye steaks instead. I already bought the wine so planned to make the sauce anyway but I didn't like it and threw it our.  Right about then Charlie asked me what I wanted to have for dinner and I asked if our favorite Koran restaurant had reopened yet. He said it was open for pick-up orders so i said that was what I wanted and it was a very nice dinner. The apple cake was dessert.  No pictures were taken.   The steaks got grilled today.

20200716_165759.jpg