• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

I've been jonesing for Chinese food for what seems like months now. There's only one way to satisfy that...

675362127_Stirfryveg06-20.jpeg.5e8ffbdf0851aa176f6f3e6f0a91b1f2.jpeg

Cook it myself. Here just a quick sauté of a few vegetables, and I added some leftover already cooked pork from the kabobs I'd made the night before. But last night, much better...

903321114_Szechuanlamb06-23.jpeg.86ead8bf86331daabdc2a3c1ee422480.jpeg

Was this Szechuan style lamb dish. My research indicated that not much lamb is (or was) eaten in the Szechuan region. But it was in my fridge and ready to be cooked, so it's marinated in Shaoxing wine,  a little salt, cornstarch. I toasted and crushed Szechuan peppercorns and cumin seed along with red pepper flakes and the sauce itself was soy, Shaoxing, pinch of sugar and a bit of homemade stock.  

So - Szechuan lamb with cabbage, leeks, and scallions. It came out really good.

weinoo

weinoo

I've been jonesing for Chinese food for what seems like months now. There's only one way to satisfy that...

675362127_Stirfryveg06-20.jpeg.5e8ffbdf0851aa176f6f3e6f0a91b1f2.jpeg

Cook it myself. Here just a quick sauté of a few vegetables, and I added some leftover already cooked pork from the kabobs I'd made the night before. But last night, much better...

903321114_Szechuanlamb06-23.jpeg.86ead8bf86331daabdc2a3c1ee422480.jpeg

Was this Szechuan style lamb dish. My research indicated that not much lamb is (or was) eaten in the Szechuan region. But it was in my fridge and ready to be cooked, so it's marinated in Shaoxing wine,  a little salt, cornstarch. I toasted and crushed Szechuan peppercorns and cumin seed along with read pepper and the sauce itself was soy, Shaoxing, pinch of sugar and a bit of homemade stock.  

So - Szechuan lamb with cabbage, leeks, and scallions. It came out really good.