• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

Yesterday I saw some baby artichokes at the supermarket. I couldn’t resist. I fried the majority of them for my husband delight. Sorry, forgot to take a picture. But I left 3-4 for me to make a Roman dish that I was craving, it’s called vignarola, made with artichokes, fresh favas and peas. I had to use frozen peas and edamame. The whole flavor was sooooo disappointing. I really miss the produce I used to buy at the Ventimiglia market when we lived in Monaco, the difference it so big that I don’t even know where to start. The spiky artichokes there where so fresh that you could eat carpaccio style, here forget, tasteless little things, not even fried 😩

5FFAE25D-4842-4FDC-8556-0A39673FB493.jpeg

Franci

Franci

Yesterday I saw some baby artichokes at the supermarket. I couldn’t resist. I fried the majority of them for my husband delight. Sorry, forgot to take a picture. But I left 3-4 for me to make a Roman dish that I was craving, it’s called vignarola, made with artichokes, fresh favas and peas. I had to use frozen peas and edamame. The whole flavor was sooooo disappointing. I really miss the produce I use to buy at the Ventimiglia market when in Monaco, the difference it so big that I don’t even know where to start. The spiky artichokes there where so fresh that you could eat carpaccio style, here forget, tasteless little things, not even fried 😩

5FFAE25D-4842-4FDC-8556-0A39673FB493.jpeg