• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

49 minutes ago, robirdstx said:

Hi Norm, can you share the dressing recipe? We really like Soy Vay’s Teriyaki Sauce.

Glad to share:

China Coast Salad Dressing
Ingredients
  • 1 cup Mayonnaise
  • 10 tbsp Rice Vinegar
  • 4 tbsp Sugar
  • 4 tbsp  Sesame Oil
  • 2 tb Soy Sauce 
  • 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder 

My advice is to use a blender and add the oil last, a little at a time so the mayonnaise does not curdle.

Serve dressing cold.

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

48 minutes ago, robirdstx said:

Hi Norm, can you share the dressing recipe? We really like Soy Vay’s Teriyaki Sauce.

Glad to share:

Ingredients
  • 1 cup Mayonnaise
  • 10 tbsp Rice Vinegar
  • 4 tbsp Sugar
  • 4 tbsp  Sesame Oil
  • 2 tb Soy Sauce 
  • 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder 

My advice it to be sure to whisk in the oil into the mayonnaise carefully so it does not curdle... or use a blender.  After the oil has been incorporated, the rest of the ingredients can be whisked in.

Serve dressing cold.

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

37 minutes ago, robirdstx said:

Glad to share:

Ingredients
  • 1 cup Mayonnaise
  • 10 tbsp Rice Vinegar
  • 4 tbsp Sugar
  • 4 tbsp  Sesame Oil
  • 2 tb Soy Sauce 
  • 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder 

My advise it to be sure to whisk in the oil into the mayonnaise carefully so it does not curdle... or use a blender.  After the oil has been incorporated, the rest of the ingredients can be whisked in.

Serve dressing cold.