• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

8 hours ago, Franci said:

Al pesto, pesto is masculine. One of my kids favorite...I rarely make it! Here even more than NY the basil is so big, expensive and with a strong anise flavor. 

I knew I could count on you, @Franci - thanks!  Similarly to @heidih, I can get some nice varieties of basil here at the greenmarkets. This one was a small leafed variety I received in a produce delivery, and it made a nice pesto. Not too anise-y.

7 hours ago, BKEats said:

Simple, two little cute turkey balls.. And egg noodle tagliolini https://lamerenda.com/products/taglioni-pasta   It's a sample.  I can't eat it because of the egg.  But this is a new line of products that I had the chance to try many items from.. 

Now I pay a fair amount for pasta - I'll get up to that $10/lb. price point. But this place is nuts!

weinoo

weinoo

8 hours ago, Franci said:

Al pesto, pesto is masculine. One of my kids favorite...I rarely make it! Here even more than NY the basil is so big, expensive and with a strong anise flavor. 

I knew I could count on you, @Franci - thanks!  Similarly to @heidih, I can get some nice varieties of basil here at the greenmarkets. This one was a small leafed variety I received in a produce delivery, and it made a nice pesto. Not too anise-y.

6 hours ago, BKEats said:

Simple, two little cute turkey balls.. And egg noodle tagliolini https://lamerenda.com/products/taglioni-pasta   It's a sample.  I can't eat it because of the egg.  But this is a new line of products that I had the chance to try many items from.. 

Now I pay a fair amount for pasta - I'll get up to that $10/lb. price point. But this place is nuts!