• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

Made a few things tonight... Eating plant based, it's a lot less structured than eating omnivorously..  But, I made a large thing of chickpea masala, i roasted some eggplants and used a peanut dressing I had made,  I marinated tofu and grilled and put in lettuce wraps with toasted ground rice, ginger, sauce, hot pepper.  Also made this indian potato dish with these beautiful potatoes purchased at the green market.  Aloo jeera it was called or jeera aloo.. Basically cumin seeds cooked in oil with smashed coriander, then ginger, jalapenos, a little water, salt and cilantro. It all turned out really good.. i have leftovers.  

Roasted the eggplant for a bit, flipped, roasted more.. then split and mashed then added a peanut dressing and let cook more.

50010813273_5bc47f3585_z.jpg

I loved this dish...  A little lemon at the end. 

50010813258_c6b5005ba0_z.jpg

I use the spice packet from a spice guy out here.. Very  easy.. I had cooked the beans on saturday and left them in the fridge... I had used some for a salad the other day.. Used about 3/4 of them in this dish... Lunch for three leftovers.  But yeh, just start with ginger, garlic, onion, tomatoes, then the spice packet and eventually the beans. 

50011606997_c488688f33_z.jpg

Tofu wraps.. I have two types of butter lettuce from the green market, this purple lettuce, then a grilled marinated piece of tofu, ginger, jalapeno. then peanut sauce and toasted rice powder.. The bride loved this

50011346711_c054432028_z.jpg

I have a lot of rice powder now.. need to start finding ways to use. 

pre powder 

50011346636_9558f67ea2_z.jpg

BKEats

BKEats

Made a few things tonight... Eating plant based, it's a lot less structured than eating omnivorously..  But, I made a large thing of chickpea masala, i roasted some eggplants and used a peanut dressing,  I marinated tofu and grilled and put in lettuce wraps with toasted ground rice, ginger, sauce, hot pepper.  Also made this indian potato dish with these beautiful potatoes purchased at the green market.  Aloo jeera it was called or jeera aloo.. Basically cumin seeds cooked in oil with smashed coriander, then ginger, jalapenos, a little water, salt and cilantro. It all turned out really good.. i have leftovers.  

Roasted the eggplant for a bit, flipped, roasted more.. then split and mashed then added a peanut dressing and let cook more.

I use the spice packet from a spice guy out here.. Very  easy.. I had cooked the beans on saturday and left them in the fridge... I had used some for a salad the other day.. Used about 3/4 of them in this dish... Lunch for three leftovers.  But yeh, just start with ginger, garlic, onion, tomatoes, then the spice packet and eventually the beans. 

Tofu wraps.. I have two types of butter lettuce from the green market, this purple lettuce, then a grilled marinated piece of tofu, ginger, jalapeno. then peanut sauce and toasted rice powder.. The bride loved this

50011346711_c054432028_z.jpg

I have a lot of rice powder now.. need to start finding ways to use. 

pre powder 

50011346636_9558f67ea2_z.jpg

BKEats

BKEats

Made a few things tonight... Eating plant based, it's a lot less structured than eating omnivorously..  But, I made a large thing of chickpea masala, i roasted some eggplants and used a peanut dressing,  I marinated tofu and grilled and put in lettuce wraps with toasted ground rice, ginger, sauce, hot pepper.  Also made this indian potato dish with these beautiful potatoes purchased at the green market.  Aloo jeera it was called or jeera aloo.. Basically cumin seeds cooked in oil with smashed coriander, then ginger, jalapenos, a little water, salt and cilantro. It all turned out really good.. i have leftovers.  

Tofu wraps.. I have two types of butter lettuce from the green market, this purple lettuce, then a grilled marinated piece of tofu, then peanut sauce and toasted rice powder

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50011346711_c054432028_z.jpg

BKEats

BKEats

Roasted the eggplant for a bit, flipped, roasted more.. then split opened, added a peanut dressing and let cook more.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50010813273_5bc47f3585_z.jpg