• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

We are on a plant based diet.. And when I say diet, i mean, it's our diet, not a diet.  Our diet does not include alcohol.. We will change that soon and maybe some shellfish in a couple of weeks but, plants for now.  

Well, plants and cubes of this stuff.    I know, considering that beautiful pizza above,  this grey block is a hard sell.. Firm tofu, hand pressed to drain, then set on a rack for the day. 

49950657777_2dc75117ac_z.jpg

Made a chile oil with those red dried chile peppers at you see with general tso chicken.. Tianjin peppers, one serano sliced mixed with hot oil.. Browned the peppers and then let it cool.. 

49950658727_6180f6222f_z.jpg

In hot oil I added freshly ground sichuan peppercorns, then a little later  ginger, garlic, then the sliced mushrooms, broccoli tops, (the large thick steams I cubed in large cubes and boiled in salt water before adding to the broccoli tops) some spicy bean paste, sugar, shaoshing cooking wine,  that tiajin chile oil, a little sesame oil,  corn starch, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar.   Made a side of basmatic rice with a little ginger, salt and white pepper in it.

49949866778_9e53805cda_z.jpg

This was really good, i will eat this again. 

49950363966_1d99e50e39_z.jpg

BKEats

BKEats

We are on a plant based diet.. And when I say diet, i mean, it's our diet, not a diet.  Our diet does not include alcohol.. We will change that soon and maybe some shellfish in a couple of weeks but, plants for now.  

Well, plants and cubes of this stuff.    I know, considering that beautiful pizza above,  this grey block is a hard sell.. Firm tofu, hand pressed to drain, then set on a rack for the day. 

Made a chile oil with those red dried chile peppers at you see with general tso chicken.. Tianjin peppers, one serano sliced mixed with hot oil.. Browned the peppers and then let it cool.. 

In hot oil I added freshly ground sichuan peppercorns, then a little later  ginger, garlic, then the sliced mushrooms, broccoli tops, (the large thick steams I cubed in large cubes and boiled in salt water before adding to the broccoli tops) some spicy bean paste, sugar, shaoshing cooking wine,  that tiajin chile oil, a little sesame oil,  corn starch, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar.   Made a side of basmatic rice with a little ginger, salt and white pepper in it.

This was really good.. maybe I am delusional. 

BKEats

BKEats

Firm tofu, hand pressed to drain, then set on a rack for the day. 

This was really good.. maybe I am delusional.