• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

Picture added ...

18 minutes ago, weinoo said:

929845398_Fideua.jpeg.e6dfdd6040d884dbe79768c632915852.jpeg

Nice - even got the right pasta !

I’ve eaten my fair share of fideos, and thanks to my Catalan wife I make decent ones as well (not that she teaches me, its more of an evolutionary approach from my side to get approval 😉). Yours looks great !

A crispy top is a must, and a strong stock (either seafood, snails, other added protein) is required as well. Typically,  however, fideua is not a side dish to a pretein, but really the star of the party. If you can, try to put more protein in there (rabbit, chicken, snails for a farmers version or clams, shrimp, monk fish for a seafood version - or a mix for that “mar i muntanya” approach) and serve with a good allioli ... 

Edit: found this picture from our Christmas fideua ...

CAB326DD-74E4-4B2F-A358-A8E9A7B24168.thumb.jpeg.cdb9ac68a09d22fe12fabb2cba5e17ae.jpeg

Duvel

Duvel

6 minutes ago, weinoo said:

929845398_Fideua.jpeg.e6dfdd6040d884dbe79768c632915852.jpeg

Nice - even got the right pasta !

I’ve eaten my fair share of fideos, and thanks to my Catalan wife I make decent ones as well (not that she teaches me, its more of an evolutionary approach from my side to get approval 😉). Yours looks great !

A crispy top is a must, and a strong stock (either seafood, snails, other added protein) is required as well. Typically,  however, fideua is not a side dish to a pretein, but really the star of the party. If you can, try to put more protein in there (rabbit, chicken, snails for a farmers version or clams, shrimp, monk fish for a seafood version - or a mix for that “mar i muntanya” approach) and serve with a good allioli ...