• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

Last night, we had grilled pork chops with asparagus, roasted and smoked peppers with balsamic, honey and roasted orange (i made a new batch) sitting in homemade ricotta with cream, salt, sugar, black pepper and a little lemon added with grilled bread, a smoked and roasted beet salad which is like the best thing ever,

The pork chops I had brought up a month ago and froze.. So, not much time, i defrosted, did a quick marinade of lemon and spices, mostly paprika, garlic, cumin, cayenne. Grilled to medium.  The asparagus, wrapped with garlic and wine, salt and pepper.  

It took quarentine to get me grilling again.  There is literally no better form of cooking. 

49924195028_01d0216107_z.jpg

The beets were wrapped in foil and cooked for close to 2 hours with smoke.. they were so sweet and then added a vinegar to them.. Served with croutons fried in oil, a little feta, some dill... it's so good. purple and green arugula. 

49925020102_b7d81ed5cd_z.jpg

This was cheating.. like, how can this not be good.. 

49924715951_53ac111e7f_z.jpg

49924195623_b3f3cdba04_z.jpg

more family coming for an 80th birthday party today.. I bought 3 3 lb bone in ribeyes that I will reverse sear..  I have been fermenting this pizza dough for the last 72 hours so, i made make either pizza or stromboli with them and the ricotta.. .I have 5 2 lbs lobsters coming that I will grill with a tarragon butter.  I am thinking about quickly boiled, then cutting a hole in the top and feeding in tarragon butter as I grilled and smoke them whole before splitting.... Then I have brussel sprouts, artichokes all for the grill.. and probably grab some more beets for another salad...  Also making tiramisu and maybe a key lime pie.... 

I have been reading malt shop menus from the 1930's lately... One thing that has been surprising me is the amount of vanilla extract goes into drinks... Like a full on tablespoon per drink... But, yeh, i don't know, i want to do some sort of old fashion sundays with the kids.. Unfortunately, i have to leave soon and get back to work so, hopefully we can do it later, if I haven't bounced to some other thing by then.  But, I also just happened to buy a new ice cream machine for the shop so, maybe the two interests will intersect.   Also, just malt itself is just fantastic... i want to maybe see if I can do more with malt, like treat it like tahini, or something.. but would like to explore savory applications.. my favorite combination so far is malt completely covering blackberry ice cream. 

Dinner for 12 tonight. 

BKEats

BKEats

Last night, we had grilled pork chops with asparagus, roasted and smoked peppers with balsamic, honey and roasted orange (i made a new batch) sitting in homemade ricotta with cream, salt, sugar, black pepper and a little lemon added with grilled bread, a smoked and roasted beet salad which is like the best thing ever,

The pork chops I had brought up a month ago and froze.. So, not much time, i defrosted, did a quick marinade of lemon and spices, mostly paprika, garlic, cumin, cayenne. Grilled to medium.  The asparagus, wrapped with garlic and wine, salt and pepper.  

It took quarentine to get me grilling again.  There is literally no better form of cooking. 

The beets were wrapped in foil and cooked for close to 2 hours with smoke.. they were so sweet and then added a vinegar to them.. Served with croutons fried in oil, a little feta, some dill... it's so good. purple and green arugula. 

more family coming for an 80th birthday party today.. I bought 3 3 lb bone in ribeyes that I will reverse sear..  I have been fermenting this pizza dough for the last 72 hours so, i made make either pizza or stromboli with them and the ricotta.. .I have 5 2 lbs lobsters coming that I will grill with a tarragon butter.  I am thinking about quickly boiled, then cutting a hole in the top and feeding in tarragon butter as I grilled and smoke them whole before splitting.... Then I have brussel sprouts, artichokes all for the grill.. and probably grab some more beets for another salad...  Also making tiramisu and maybe a key lime pie.... 

I have been reading malt shop menus from the 1930's lately... One thing that has been surprising me is the amount of vanilla extract goes into drinks... Like a full on tablespoon per drink... But, yeh, i don't know, i want to do some sort of old fashion sundays with the kids.. Unfortunately, i have to leave soon and get back to work so, hopefully we can do it later, if I haven't bounced to some other thing by then.  But, I also just happened to buy a new ice cream machine for the shop so, maybe the two interests will intersect.   Also, just malt itself is just fantastic... i want to maybe see if I can do more with malt, like treat it like tahini, or something.. my favorite combination so far is malt completely covering blackberry ice cream. 

Dinner for 12 tonight. 

BKEats

BKEats

I have been reading malt shop menus from the 1930's lately... One thing that has been surprising me is the amount of vanilla extract goes into drinks... Like a full on tablespoon per drink... But, yeh, i don't know, i want to do some sort of old fashion sundays with the kids.. Unfortunately, i have to leave soon and get back to work so, hopefully we can do it later, if I haven't bounced to some other thing by then.  But, I also just happened to buy a new ice cream machine for the shop so, maybe the two interests will intersect.   Also, just malt itself is just fantastic... i want to maybe see if I can do more with malt, like treat it like tahini, or something.. my favorite combination so far is malt on blackberry ice cream. 

Dinner for 12 tonight. 

BKEats

BKEats

I have been reading malt shop menus from the 1930's lately... One thing that has been surprising me is the amount of vanilla extract goes into drinks... Like a full on tablespoon per drink... But, yeh, i don't know, i want to do some sort of old fashion sundays with the kids.. Unfortunately, i have to leave soon and get back to work so, hopefully we can do it later, if I haven't bounced to some other thing by then.  But, I also just happened to buy a new ice cream machine for the shop so, maybe the two interests will intersect. 

Dinner for 12 tonight. 

BKEats

BKEats

I have been reading malt shop menus from the 1930's lately... One thing that has been surprising me is the amount of vanilla extract goes into drinks... Like a full on tablespoon per drink... But, yeh, i don't know, i want to do some sort of old fashion sundays with the kids.. Unfortunately, i have to leave soon and get back to work so, hopefully we can do it later, if I haven't bounced to some other thing by then. 

Dinner for 12 tonight. 

BKEats

BKEats

more family coming for an 80th birthday party today.. I bought 3 3 lb bone in ribeyes that I will reverse sear..  I have been fermenting this pizza dough for the last 72 hours so, i made make either pizza or stromboli with them and the ricotta.. .I have 5 2 lbs lobsters coming that I will grill with a tarragon butter.  I am thinking about quickly boiled, then cutting a hole in the top and feeding in tarragon butter as I grilled and smoke them whole before splitting.... Then I have brussel sprouts, artichokes all for the grill.. and probably grab some more beets for another salad... 

Dinner for 12 tonight. 

BKEats

BKEats

The beets were wrapped in foil and cooked for close to 2 hours with smoke.. they were so sweet and then added a vinegar to them.. Served with croutons fried in oil, a little feta, some dill... it's so good. 

more family coming for an 80th birthday party today.. I bought 3 3 lb bone in ribeyes that I will reverse sear..  I have been fermenting this pizza dough for the last 72 hours so, i made make either pizza or stromboli with them and the ricotta.. .I have 5 2 lbs lobsters coming that I will grill with a tarragon butter.  I am thinking about quickly boiled, then cutting a hole in the top and feeding in tarragon butter as I grilled and smoke them whole before splitting.... Then I have brussel sprouts, artichokes all for the grill.. and probably grab some more beets for another salad... 

Dinner for 12 tonight. 

BKEats

BKEats

49924715236_091fbd4f0e_z.jpg

The beets were wrapped in foil and cooked for close to 2 hours with smoke.. they were so sweet and then added a vinegar to them.. Served with croutons fried in oil, a little feta, some dill... it's so good.