• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

Crab BLT's the other day...   I wanted to do an entire meal on the grill.. it's just easier, less mess... So, put the bacon on a sheet try and cooked in the oven..

49916119386_74d5f5a903_z.jpg

I also noticed that they had these fava beans.. We were at this fancy grocery store and things were so expensive.. Think frozen shrimp were like 20 bucks a pound.. I picked up two bags for shrimp cocktail before realizing, i was holding 80 dollars worth of shrimp... So, hard pass!

My normal experience with favas is a long laborious process, boiling, deshelling.. it takes a long time.. this was just stuff and orange with garlic, mint and chile peppers... cover favas in olive oil and grill... about 20 minutes.. they came out perfect... the stuffed orange was unnecessary but, i liked the visual. fava's were like 3 bucks a pound... if you go to fancy groceries, there are some good finds... Normally stuff fancy people don't want to cook, things that may be a little difficult...  For example, i buy marrow bones at this super expensive butcher.. None of the clientele will make stock so, I literally get bones cheaper their than i would from a supplier. 

49915606463_5c647009f9_z.jpg

49916119921_f222cdb001_z.jpg

49916175631_a669cefc42_z.jpg

BKEats

BKEats

Crab BLT's the other day...   I wanted to do an entire meal on the grill.. it's just easier, less mess... So, put the bacon on a sheet try and cooked in the oven..

49916119386_74d5f5a903_z.jpg

I also noticed that they had these fava beans.. We were at this fancy grocery store and things were so expensive.. Think frozen shrimp were like 20 bucks a pound.. I picked up two bags for shrimp cocktail before realizing, i was holding 80 dollars worth of shrimp... So, hard pass!

My normal experience with favas is a long laborious process, boiling, deshelling.. it takes a long time.. this was just stuff and orange with garlic, mint and chile peppers... cover favas in olive oil and grill... about 20 minutes.. they came out perfect... the stuffed orange was unnecessary but, i liked the visual. 

49915606463_5c647009f9_z.jpg

49916119921_f222cdb001_z.jpg

49916175631_a669cefc42_z.jpg