• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

We were able to find these beautiful soft shell crabs.. i have never seen crabs so alive before.. We get them by the cases normally and I haven't seen these guys that lively... there are 5 of us that eat crabs so, we got 10... for 2 separate meals.. the first meal was tempura fried crab served over creamed leeks and fennel... 

Again, i need a photographer.. It's hard to cook and photograph and well, i would rather the food taste good and be hot than the photo be beautiful...  Maybe I have a tripod somewhere..

A classic creamed leeks but, i added some nutmeg and fennel to the dish to make it a little different.. thinly sliced fennel cooked with butter, then the sliced leeks are added to the fennel, cook for another 10 minutes with some butter and water, then add cream, more salt, sugar, nutmeg. a shot of lemon.. 

49916198471_926daec502_z.jpg

Spaghetti with clam sauce... I add garlic and oil, then a tomato, then wine, then a little paprika, cayenne and red pepper flake, then the clams... When they open, i remove the clams and take the meat from the shell..  Then I added the last of the leftover chorizo... Add some paprika to the broth, then some parsley and some dill... Cook for a bit, add a pad or two of butter, tighten the sauce.. Then add the clam meat and finally the pasta, then more fresh herbs... 

49915604103_c446bca27c_z.jpg

My father in law does not like fish and claimed this to be his favorite meal.. 

The kids made cookies from scratch... I had to add panko to mine as I like mine crunchy... i was hoping it would work.. it was ok... Lots of salt.. 

49912639351_45716dbe67_z.jpg

BKEats

BKEats

We were able to find these beautiful soft shell crabs.. i have never seen crabs so alive before.. We get them by the cases normally and I haven't seen these guys that lively... there are 5 of us that eat crabs so, we got 10... for 2 separate meals.. the first meal was tempura fried crab served over creamed leeks and fennel... 

Again, i need a photographer.. It's hard to cook and photograph and well, i would rather the food taste good and be hot than the photo be beautiful...  Maybe I have a tripod somewhere..

A classic creamed leeks but, i added some nutmeg and fennel to the dish to make it a little different.. thinly sliced fennel cooked with butter, then the sliced leeks are added to the fennel, cook for another 10 minutes with some butter and water, then add cream, more salt, sugar, nutmeg. a shot of lemon.. 

49916198471_926daec502_z.jpg

Spaghetti with clam sauce... I add garlic and oil, then a tomato, then wine, then a little paprika, cayenne and red pepper flake, then the clams... When they open, i remove the clams and take the meat from the shell..  Then I added the last of the leftover chorizo... Add some paprika to the broth, then some parsley and some dill... Cook for a bit, add a pad or two of butter, tighten the sauce.. Then add the clam meat and finally the pasta, then more fresh herbs... 

49915604103_c446bca27c_z.jpg

My father in law does not like fish and claimed this to be his favorite meal..