• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

Whoops, didn't mean to post... Also in that meal were stuffed artichokes... My mother in law, that;s where I am right now, is the queen of gadgets.. she is the one that bought me an instapot for the holidays and I promptly gave it back... I love cooking,  i need a fire and some cast iron and that's really enough for me.. But, she said, make the artichokes in the insta-pot... Her house, her  rules, why she wants to mess around, whatever, i gave it a shot.. .So, I put these beautiful artichokes that I made the bread crumbs for, that I mixed with cheese and spices and seasoning and cut the artichokes and soaked in lemon and prepared.. I was going to put them in a pot and steam but, no, the instapot is quicker.. WHich, it really is not... An artichoke steamed is like 30 minutes.. you put shallow water into a pot and turn on the fire, cover and come back in 30 minutes...  The instapot takes 12 minutes.. Well, not really, it has to pressurize, then it has to cook for the 12 minutes, then it has to depressurize.. So, it actuality,  we are talking 22 minutes, 25 minutes... not to mention the clean up... Whatever, needless to say, the f'ING thing murderized my artichokes.. it was mush, it was gross,

49909393757_f687d4bbc8_z.jpg

"look what they've done to my boy"  

I can barely look. 

More like, Insta not or  insta pass.   I get it, it's a thing... People like things, people need things... I don't need this... It very much serves a function if you can't cook, or if you want to not think about it, or if you are looking for I don't know, you for some reason need to make beans in under an hour... I don't know..   But, that doesn't mean innocent artichokes need to suffer.. 

49916116891_85d3d7f98a_z.jpg

BKEats

BKEats

Whoops, didn't mean to post... Also in that meal were stuffed artichokes... My mother in law, that;s where I am right now, is the queen of gadgets.. she is the one that bought me an instapot for the holidays and I promptly gave it back... I love cooking,  i need a fire and some cast iron and that's really enough for me.. But, she said, make the artichokes in the insta-pot... Her house, her  rules, why she wants to mess around, whatever, i gave it a shot.. .So, I put these beautiful artichokes that I made the bread crumbs for, that I mixed with cheese and spices and seasoning and cut the artichokes and soaked in lemon and prepared.. I was going to put them in a pot and steam but, no, the instapot is quicker.. WHich, it really is not... An artichoke steamed is like 30 minutes.. you put shallow water into a pot and turn on the fire, cover and come back in 30 minutes...  The instapot takes 12 minutes.. Well, not really, it has to pressurize, then it has to cook for the 12 minutes, then it has to depressurize.. So, it actuality,  we are talking 22 minutes, 25 minutes... not to mention the clean up... Whatever, needless to say, the f'ING thing murderized my artichokes.. it was mush, it was gross,

I can barely look. 

More like, Insta not or  insta pass. 

BKEats

BKEats

I can barely look.