• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

Yesterday, I did some deliveries and found myself in Sunset Park Area.. I just drove passed a seafood spot.. I did a hard stop and checked it out

49889185761_fab11ddf2d_c.jpg

Prices and quality was good.. I either like whole fish or shellfish.. They were low on whole fish so, I went clams, shrimp and squid.. Also, you have to read a place.. They had three sizes of octopus, baby octopus, cuttlefish, three size squid and 5 types of clams and maybe 12 types of shrimp..   They are telling you what to buy...  I was really hoping for geoduck, i was feeling like I would have pulled the trigger for sure.. But, all is good. 

Pretty much all shrimp:

49889185656_43b43eaecf_c.jpg

SO, i wanted to make fregola.. I was going to add clams and squid and shrimp all in one pot.. But, I forgot and got distracted.. Also, I missed eating that harissa from lunch... So, I attempted to recreate it.. I got really close.. I messed up, or not messed up but, purposely deviated by adding a chile mulato... But, I toasted guajillo, mulato and arbol.. Added paprika and I truly forget what else.. Salt, sugar, lemon, thyme, stuff like that..   Maybe oil garlic, I am not sure, oh defintiely tomato paste.. 

49893507867_2242c4fca4_c.jpg

As the kids would say, it slapped. 

49892659848_521d64f6ed_c.jpg

Grilled the shrimp on my indoor grilled and toast with butter and maybe fish stock and the "harissa" 

49892659598_d335952681_c.jpg

49893175996_d7c053645e_c.jpg

49892659723_db07c092c6_c.jpg

Then, fregola, squid, clams, guanciale, fish stock, whatever else, i did, i don't remember:  But damn, that broth.. that broth was so good.  The wife brought it up today for no reason... Just like, oh by the way, that sauce last night... Bueno. 

Wow, now seeing more mint... Two completely different sauces... So, didn't feel repetitive.  I should also state, I primarily took videos of last nights food so, can't really post those.. The clams were delicious and I haven't had clams in a  bit.. Oh, also, before that, I was thinking of just stuffing the squid with fregola and grilling.. But, I did grill the squid prior to marrying everything.. 

The squid were on the larger size.. they would have been fun to stuff.. But, dinner came together quickly... 

49893175046_8e1f4377ba_c.jpg

the fish stock was made from the leftover bones from the black sea bass.. It was frozen the day I made it.. I run how water over the container until the blocks slides out... I put it covered in a pot and let if defrost until I have enough.. I let two cups defrost before scooping up the block and tossing back in the freezer.. I am sure there are better methods but, this works... And I also don't have a microwave so. 

49893194456_019c0b98d1_c.jpg

Ah, too bad.. It was a pretty dish.. 

49893175321_ec4aa4916e_c.jpg

Ok, that's it, I am caught up... 

BKEats

BKEats

Yesterday, I did some deliveries and found myself in Sunset Park Area.. I just drove passed a seafood spot.. I did a hard stop and checked it out

Prices and quality was good.. I either like whole fish or shellfish.. They were low on whole fish so, I went clams, shrimp and squid.. Also, you have to read a place.. They had three sizes of octopus, baby octopus, cuttlefish, three size squid and 5 types of clams and maybe 12 types of shrimp..   They are telling you what to buy...  I was really hoping for geoduck, i was feeling like I would have pulled the trigger for sure.. But, all is good. 

Pretty much all shrimp:

SO, i wanted to make fregola.. I was going to add clams and squid and shrimp all in one pot.. But, I forgot and got distracted.. Also, I missed eating that harissa from lunch... So, I attempted to recreate it.. I got really close.. I messed up, or not messed up but, purposely deviated by adding a chile mulato... But, I toasted guajillo, mulato and arbol.. Added paprika and I truly forget what else.. Salt, sugar, lemon, thyme, stuff like that..   Maybe oil garlic, I am not sure, oh defintiely tomato paste.. 

Grilled the shrimp on my indoor grilled and toast with butter and maybe fish stock and the "harissa" 

Then, fregola, squid, clams, guanciale, fish stock, whatever else, i did, i don't remember:  But damn, that broth.. that broth was so good.  The wife brought it up today for no reason... Just like, oh by the way, that sauce last night... Bueno. 

Wow, now seeing more mint... Two completely different sauces... So, didn't feel repetitive.  I should also state, I primarily took videos of last nights food so, can't really post those.. The clams were delicious and I haven't had clams in a  bit.. Oh, also, before that, I was thinking of just stuffing the squid with fregola and grilling.. But, I did grill the squid prior to marrying everything.. 

The squid were on the larger size.. they would have been fun to stuff.. But, dinner came together quickly... 

the fish stock was made from the leftover bones from the black sea bass.. It was frozen the day I made it.. I run how water over the container until the blocks slides out... I put it covered in a pot and let if defrost until I have enough.. I let two cups defrost before scooping up the block and tossing back in the freezer.. I am sure there are better methods but, this works... And I also don't have a microwave so. 

BKEats

BKEats

Prices and quality was good.. I either like whole fish or shellfish.. They were low on whole fish so, I went clams, shrimp and squid.. Also, you have to read a place.. They had three sizes of octopus, cuttlefish, three size squid and 5 types of clams and maybe 7 types of shrimp..   They are telling you what to buy... 

Pretty much all shrimp:

BKEats

BKEats

Prices and quality was good.. I either like whole fish or shellfish.. They were low on whole fish so, I went clams, shrimp and squid.. Also, you have to read a place.. They had three sizes of octopus, cuttlefish, three size squid and 5 types of clams and maybe 7 types of shrimp..   They are telling you what to buy... 

Pretty much all shrimp: