• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

This picture is not of my dinner last night. Although dinner worked out just fine, photographing it was a disaster, which is a pity because the dish actually looked good.

512476356_steamedseabass.thumb.jpg.c489473b6752e5fa79024d4a2581ad4b.jpg

This is a steamed sea bass and last night I steamed another. If you try to imagine the cucumber in the picture is steamed shrimp, you may get an inkling of how last night's version looked. The chilli and green onion on the fish was the same, but I used ginger in the slashes instead of the garlic shown here. I also omittted the soy sauce, only using Shaoxing wine.

I served the fish and prawns with asparagus and rice. I forget what I served the the one pictured with - it was August 2016.

liuzhou

liuzhou

This picture is not of my dinner last night. Although dinner worked out just fine, photographing it was a disaster, which is a pity because the dish actually looked good.

512476356_steamedseabass.thumb.jpg.c489473b6752e5fa79024d4a2581ad4b.jpg

This is a steamed sea bass and last night I steamed another. If you try to imagine the cucumber in the picture is steamed shrimp, you may get an inkling of how last night's version looked. The chilli and green onion on the fish was teh same, but I used ginger in the slashes instead of the garlic shown here. I also omittted the soy sauce, only using Shaoxing wine.

I served the fish and prawns with asparagus and rice. I forget what I served the the one pictured with - it was August 2016.