• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

Lettuce wraps with bok choy.. The protein was skirt steak and a pork chop.. Trying to make my way through the inventory... I think today is the last day before it all goes into the deep freeze.... Simple marinade of brown sugar, soy, chinese bbq sauce and fish sauce.    Pickled sichuan vegetables i had in a jar... I also may rice. 

49885442497_c0fb2c6b89_c.jpg

49885480202_2fb30755a6_c.jpg

Bok choy was from the farmers market.. I was going to steam in a wok with garlic and then add an oyster sauce.. But, out of oyster sauce so, made a vinegar, tahini, soy ginger thing.. But, yeh, cooked in a bit of oil and maybe 4 cloves of garlic, then hit with some water and covered... Cooked a little longer and then sauce on the platter.   It was good.. I also made some white rice.. really simple, some oil, garlic, ginger, for like 15 minutes..   Got rid of bok choy, lettuce, a pork chop, some skirt steak... Really blah, freaking boring day... Oh well.  One day closer to see my kids. 

BKEats

BKEats

Lettuce wraps with bok choy.. The protein was skirt steak and a pork chop.. Trying to make my way through the inventory... I think today is the last day before it all goes into the deep freeze.... Simple marinade of brown sugar, soy, chinese bbq sauce and fish sauce.    Pickled sichuan vegetables i had in a jar... I also may rice. 

49884610013_0ef42cbd71_c.jpg

Bok choy was from the farmers market.. I was going to steam in a wok with garlic and then add an oyster sauce.. But, out of oyster sauce so, made a vinegar, tahini, soy ginger thing.. But, yeh, cooked in a bit of oil and maybe 4 cloves of garlic, then hit with some water and covered... Cooked a little longer and then sauce on the platter.   It was good.. I also made some white rice.. really simple, some oil, garlic, ginger, for like 15 minutes..   Got rid of bok choy, lettuce, a pork chop, some skirt steak... Really blah, freaking boring day... Oh well.  One day closer to see my kids. 

BKEats

BKEats

Bok choy was from the farmers market.. I was going to steam in a wok with garlic and then add an oyster sauce.. But, out of oyster sauce so, made a vinegar, tahini, soy ginger thing.. It was good.. I also made some white rice.. really simple, some oil, garlic, ginger, for like 15 minutes..   Got rid of bok choy, lettuce, a pork chop, some skirt steak... Really blah, freaking boring day... Oh well.  One day closer to see my kids. 

BKEats

BKEats

Lettuce wraps with bok choy.. The protein was skirt steak and a pork chop.. Trying to make my way through the inventory... I think today is the last day before it all goes into the deep freeze.... 

Simple marinade of brown sugar, soy, chinese bbq sauce and fish sauce.    Pickled sichuan vegetables i had in a jar... I also may rice. 

Bok choy was from the farmers market.. I was going to steam in a wok with garlic and then add an oyster sauce.. But, out of oyster sauce so, made a vinegar, tahini, soy ginger thing.. It was good.. I also made some white rice.. really simple, some oil, garlic, ginger, for like 15 minutes..   Got rid of bok choy, lettuce, a pork chop, some skirt steak... Really blah, freaking boring day... Oh well.  One day closer to see my kids.