• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

I made three different burgers yesterday with three different kinds of ground beef... I think we may have found a new burger for our menu.. But, either way. i ate way too much beef which then had me eating barely anything today... 

These are 3 ounce patties flattened in a tortilla press and then seasoned.. dry aged 

49876661097_56e426f123_c.jpg

Trying to record and make notes and things... this was for another double burger with bacon. 

49871975383_3b6bf6d9a6_c.jpg\\

This was a 6 ounce burger that was cooked in the style of this restaurant I use to go to as a kid, called White Rose System... Lots of onions... Grass fred beef. 

49872008058_f65608fb85_c.jpg

anyway, 

Today, I went to the farmers market and bought some lovely fish... I just had a little raw tuna for lunch... Like literally 5 small pieces. 

I could have made it prettier but, then I would be cutting off tuna.. So, play it as it lays... Channeling nobu.. basically smashed a piece of garlic on the morter, then drag the piece through.. Pour a little combo of yuzu and soy over it, place a jalapeno on top...  A little cilantro.  

49875816053_4dabbbf048_c.jpg

Then dinner, fried calamari and fried lemon slices.  Made a simple tomato sauce.. Combine carrots, onion and garlic in some oil.. cooked for a bit, added some water, brought to a boil, added bay leaf.. then cooked for a bit,, the blended the mixture, let the water cook off almost completely and then added the tomato sauce.  Wanted to infuse flavor without cooking the sauce really.. then added chile flake and a little salt, sugar, pepper, basil.. 

Sent this picture to our buddy who closed his restaurant and opened a wine shop.. "Kind of like everyone":  So, we stop in the last night to support him.. 

Anyway, the burgers had me out of commission. Tomorrow I am thinking like a black sea bass bo sam but, with a middle eastern  twist. 

49875998328_c511dd3bda_c.jpg

BKEats

BKEats

I made three different burgers yesterday with three different kinds of ground beef... I think we may have found a new burger for our menu.. But, either way. i ate way too much beef which then had me eating barely anything today... 

These are 3 ounce patties flattened in a tortilla press and then seasoned.. dry aged 

Trying to record and make notes and things... this was for another double burger with bacon. 

This was a 6 ounce burger that was cooked in the style of this restaurant I use to go to as a kid, called White Rose System... Lots of onions... Grass fred beef. 

anyway, 

Today, I went to the farmers market and bought some lovely fish... I just had a little raw tuna for lunch... Like literally 5 small pieces. 

I could have made it prettier but, then I would be cutting off tuna.. So, play it as it lays... Channeling nobu.. basically smashed a piece of garlic on the morter, then drag the piece through.. Pour a little combo of yuzu and soy over it, place a jalapeno on top...  A little cilantro.  

Then dinner, fried calamari and fried lemon slices.  Made a simple tomato sauce.. Combine carrots, onion and garlic in some oil.. cooked for a bit, added some water, brought to a boil, added bay leaf.. then cooked for a bit,, the blended the mixture, let the water cook off almost completely and then added the tomato sauce.  Wanted to infuse flavor without cooking the sauce really.. then added chile flake and a little salt, sugar, pepper, basil.. 

Sent this picture to our buddy who closed his restaurant and opened a wine shop.. "Kind of like everyone":  So, we stop in the last night to support him.. 

Anyway, the burgers had me out of commission. 

BKEats

BKEats

anyway,