• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

1 hour ago, MokaPot said:

@Norm Matthews, good to know that Maangchi's recipe worked for you. I used her emergency kimchi recipe as the start of my kimchi experiments. (Her recipe worked for me as well.) Maybe I'll try another Maangchi recipe.

She does have good recipes.   I have not been able to make a good cabbage kimchi.  Maybe I'll look at hers if I get up the courage to try it again. :)

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

1 hour ago, MokaPot said:

@Norm Matthews, good to know that Maangchi's recipe worked for you. I used her emergency kimchi recipe as the start of my kimchi experiments. (Her recipe worked for me as well.) Maybe I'll try another Maangchi recipe.

Her sticky chicken wings are really good too.  I have not been able to make a good cabbage kimchi.  Maybe I'll look at hers if I get up the courage to try it again. :)