• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie occasonally mentions his mom's fish stew that she makes when he visits. At the same time he asked me about the Korean babyback ribs,  he asked me if I could make that stew sometime and I forgot until he asked me if I planned to make it.  I told him I forgot and lost the recipe.  He gave me this one  https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/maeuntang and I made it today.  The fish they sell at the Asian market are whole until you buy it and then they scale and gut it if  you want.  I wanted. I got a couple of striped bass.  The head and tail and fins were still on it. getting those fins off were not easy. I even tried garden tools without much luck.  I finally used an Asian cleaver and a wood mallet to hammer through.  Charlie said it was good and tasted like it was supposed to. 

20200504_140851.jpg

20200504_140903.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie occasonally mentions his mom's fish stew that she makes when he visits.  He asked me if I could make it sometime and I forgot until he asked me if I planned to make it.  I told him I forgot and lost the recipe.  He gave me this one  https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/maeuntang and I made it today.  The fish they sell at the Asian market are whole until you buy it and then they scale and gut it if  you want.  I wanted. I got a couple of striped bass.  The head and tail and fins were still on it. getting those fins off were not easy. I even tried garden tools without much luck.  I finally used an Asian cleaver and a wood mallet to hammer through.  Charlie said it was good and tasted like it was supposed to. 

20200504_140851.jpg

20200504_140903.jpg