• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie showed me a recipe in the Koreatown cookbook and asked if I would make it. He said he had it once at a restaurant and it was really good. I made it and he said it was perfect so it goes on the keeper list.  It is Daeji Kalbi.  It has a quite a spicy marinade for baby back ribs that have been cut apart before marinating.  It makes quite a mess on the grill though. I added a few slices of beef short ribs to see how that worked and it didn't. They were quite tough.  I made a spicy baby eggplant to go with it and some creamed corn.  A friend told me about making a potato water sourdough starter and I tried it. It was ready to use today but I didn't take as much time as I could have with it.  Still it turned out OK.

20200427_163604.jpg

20200427_164018.jpg

20200427_164836.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie showed me a recipe in the Koreatown cookbook and asked if I would make it. He said he had it once at a restaurant and it was really good. I made it and he said it was perfect so it goes on the keeper list.  It is Daeji Kalbi.  It has a quite a spicy marinade for baby back ribs that have been cut apart before marinating.  It makes quite a mess on the grill though. I made a spicy baby eggplant to go with it and some creamed corn.  A friend told me about making a potato water sourdough starter and I tried it. It was ready to use today but I didn't take as much time as I could have with it.  Still it turned out OK.

20200427_163604.jpg

20200427_164018.jpg

20200427_164836.jpg