• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

14 hours ago, suzilightning said:

You are thinking of a garbage plate I believe.  Fried potatoes, macaroni salad, meat of some sort - beef, hotdogs or even fried fish.

Totally!  When they mentioned NO, I immediately remembered eating many a po boy with debris.. My wife loves some place I forgot but, it has shrimp and debris in New Orleans.. But yeh, garbage, debris, ha, similar, in my mind...  Was totally thinking of Rochester and the garbage plate. Glad there isn't a yiddish dish, Chazeria.  

Thank you! 

BKEats

BKEats

14 hours ago, suzilightning said:

You are thinking of a garbage plate I believe.  Fried potatoes, macaroni salad, meat of some sort - beef, hotdogs or even fried fish.

Totally!  When they mentioned NO, I immediately remembered eating many a po boy with debris.. My wife loves some place I forgot but, it has shrimp and debris in New Orleans.. But yeh, garbage, debris, ha, similar, in my mind... Glad there isn't a yiddish dish, Chazeria.  

Thank you!