• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

4 hours ago, TdeV said:

Your dinner looks outstanding, @liamsaunt !

What are the textures of these latkes? The veg are raw, right? Add any spices?

Thank you!  Yes, the vegetables are raw.  There was grated onion in them too.  I used this recipe:  celery root- parsnip latkes

We enjoyed them, but all agreed that we would have really enjoyed the two vegetables pureed together with some cream.  If I get more parsnips and celery root in my vegetable share, that is how I am going to use them.

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

4 hours ago, TdeV said:

Your dinner looks outstanding, @liamsaunt !

What are the textures of these latkes? The veg are raw, right? Add any spices?

Thank you!  Yes, the vegetables are raw.  There was grated onion in them too.  I used this recipe: celery root-parsnip latkes

We enjoyed them, but all agreed that we would have really enjoyed the two vegetables pureed together with some cream.  If I get more parsnips and celery root in my vegetable share, that is how I am going to use them.