• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

6 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I have not tried them yet but I stocked up on three tins of Matiz clams (berberechos) from Spain.

In Spain, canned clams (or any canned seafood) is considered a dish of its own right, and - depending on the quality - fetched prices much higher than the fresh product. Berberechos are typically eaten as an aperitif, after being generously seasoned with Salsa Espinaler (or any equivalent). Usually accompanied by a glass of Vermouth ...

Duvel

Duvel

1 minute ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I have not tried them yet but I stocked up on three tins of Matiz clams (berberechos) from Spain.

In Spain, canned clams (or any canned seafoo)d) is considered a dish of its own right, and - depending on the quality - fetched prices much higher than the fresh product. Berberechos are typically eaten as an aperitif, after being generously seasoned with Salsa Espinaler (or any equivalent). Usually accompanied by a glass of Vermouth ...