• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

Punctuation

@Duvel,  may I introduce you to Super Peel (now at Amazon); it makes the job of getting the pizza onto the stone very simple. I've used this peel for more than 10 years, maybe 20. I believe the fellow once worked in a commercial bakery where to-be-baked goods are placed on a cloth conveying system; he has reproduced the idea for pizzas. The peel itself is either cherry or maple. I place the empty pizza shell on top of the cloth sleeve and fill it there directly (not a problem if you move briskly), then open the oven and slide the pizza onto the hot stone (caution on whole olives or cherry tomatoes–which roll!)

If you'd like to know more about the device, let me know and I will take lots of pictures next time I make pizza.

TdeV

TdeV

@Duvel,  may I introduce you to Super Peel (now at Amazon); it makes the job of getting the pizza onto the stone very simple. I've used this peel for more than 10 years, maybe 20. I believe the fellow once worked in a commercial bakery where to-be-baked goods are placed on a cloth conveying system; he has reproduced the idea for pizzas; the peel itself is either cherry or maple. I place the empty pizza shell on top of the cloth sleeve and fill it there directly (not a problem if you move briskly), then open the oven and slide the pizza onto the hot stone (caution on whole olives or cherry tomatoes–which roll!)

If you'd like to know more about the device, let me know and I will take lots of pictures next time I make pizza.